Monday, June 15, 2015

Trips during School

In February, we went on a vacation and skied. I didn't blog about it because I don't usually blog during the school year. Before this trip my sisters and I had never skied or even really seen snow. On our first night, we flew in and spent the night at the hotel. But before we went to bed, we played in the snow in the parking lot of the hotel. It was first time we had been allowed to play in snow (we played in the snow at the car rental place, but we weren't allowed to then).



The next day we drove up to mountain we would ski on and went to our rental house. It was freezing when we got out of the car. It was 19 degrees and we weren't wearing snow pants or a scarf. After it warmed up and we got our snow pants, we sledded. For the rest of the week, we took skiing lessons and after lessons, skied with our parents.


Sledding


And skiing. The place we learned to ski didn't give you your poles until you were more advanced.


Another vacation we went on during school was over spring break. We went to visit our grandparents, aunts and uncles, and cousins. We stayed at a relative's house. Their house was a block away from a fun park we played at about once a day. 

We went on a long hike one day in a beautiful forest. 

At the end of the hike was a beach, which we explored and climbed on the rocks.

On another day, we went to a different beach. The only rule our mom made was "Do not go in the water.". 

Obviously we listened

2 comments:

  1. It should be we took skiing lessons, and after lessons,…
    P.S. This is from K

    ReplyDelete
  2. I remember sledding, it was so much fun. On the hill you're on, I got some air time. I remember crashing down into the snow bank and eating the snow.And that big hill in our backyard, and pour "sugar snow" honey dessert.

    ReplyDelete